Eight Tips on Finding the Right Precision CNC Machining Company
Precision computer numerical control (CNC) machining is a subtractive manufacturing method that removes material from a workpiece to achieve a final part using computer-guided tooling and equipment. A pivotal process in virtually any modern manufacturing operation, it meets numerous industries’ needs for quality and accuracy, tight tolerances, complex shapes, repeatable products, rapid production, and competitive pricing.
Choosing the right provider for precision CNC machining services, however, can be a challenge as there are numerous factors to consider. Here, we’ve outlined eight tips for what to look for when selecting a CNC machining partner to carry out or support your manufacturing operations.
Importance of Choosing the Right CNC Machining Supplier
Selecting the wrong CNC machining partner for your project can result in poor-quality products, disappointed customers, a damaged reputation, and lost business. At best, things may not run smoothly, and your company may suffer missed cost and time savings opportunities.
Alternatively, finding the ideal CNC supplier will enhance many aspects of a project. In addition to ensuring high quality and repeatable accuracy, the right service provider will help you streamline operations and reach your goals for project scale, scheduling, operational and per-unit costs, and product performance.
Finding the Right Precision CNC Machining Service Provider
Selecting the ideal service provider from the many CNC machining suppliers in the industry to meet your manufacturing needs can be daunting. The following eight tips will help you choose the right partner to fulfill your specific requirements and expectations:
- Start by identifying the needs of your project. Before you can pick the ideal machining partner, you must first understand your own needs. Begin by evaluating and then documenting your requirements for materials, production volume, design complexity, turn times, and budget.
- Pinpoint the specific or unique precision CNC machining capabilities and equipment you require. Learn about the services that prospective CNC machining companies provide and the machinery they use to do their work to ensure their offerings align with your needs. Depending on your product, you may require a partner that offers a particular service like CNC milling or turning or one that utilizes multi-axis machining equipment.
- Evaluate the company’s capacity for flexibility and custom work. Similarly, determine a company’s ability and willingness to adapt to design alterations, project modifications, and shifting deadlines, as this can make the difference between smooth and rocky work progression. Also, a company’s capability to accommodate customization in parts and components may be essential to your project.
- Research the company’s background and expertise in the industry. See how long a potential company has been in business and if they have a strong background in working with companies in your industry. Discovering that a business has had success with similar work is one way to get a feel for how it can handle your own.
- Read company case studies and customer reviews. Another worthwhile option is to browse potential partners’ websites for case studies, where you can learn about projects they’ve worked on in the past. Testimonials and reviews from former or current clients are also a great way to gauge the company’s reputation and capabilities.
- Establish what the service partner’s QC practices are. Ensure your partner complies with all necessary industry standards and has strict quality control measures to give you the peace of mind that they’ll deliver tight-tolerance products to specification with reliable consistency. Also, companies will often list any quality certifications they’ve achieved on their website.
- Find out how their team handles customer service and communication. Discover how the company communicates and collaborates with customers to see if that fits your expectations. This can include how they deal with problems when they arise. To that end, also look for companies prioritizing transparency in their dealings.
- Ask multiple businesses for detailed quotes. When you have found several CNC machining companies that you think could be ideal partners, request quotes from each. Compare not just the bottom line, but also the services you’ll receive for your budget and the value they provide.
Precision CNC Machining Services by Hogge Precision
Finding a precision CNC machining services partner with capabilities that align with your goals is essential to meeting your business needs for quality and customer satisfaction. At Hogge Precision Parts Co., Inc., we aim to offer comprehensive and versatile machining options for standard, custom, and Mil-Spec precision parts.
Established in 1989, we’re an ISO 9001:2015-certified contract manufacturer. Our company offers in-house CNC milling and turning, Swiss machining, and screw machining, as well as inventory management to customers in industries ranging from aerospace and defense to medical and electrical. Dedicated to quality assurance and customer satisfaction, we met 99.8% of clients’ quality requirements and delivered 94% of shipments on time out of the 9,300 orders we filled for our customers in 2022.