Manifolds are circuit blocks with many connected openings that offer a centralized connection point for systems with multiple valves. The main purpose of a manifold is to transfer materials to one or multiple locations.
At Hogge Precision, we know the importance of reliable manifolds, so we strive to provide quality, cost-effective solutions using our arsenal of CNC machining technologies.
Custom Manifold Manufacturing Services
Our diverse range of vertical and horizontal machining centers allows us to deliver custom manifolds that meet your needs.
Our machining centers have up to 4 axes,a capacity of up to 120 machining tools, and speeds of up to 15,000 RPM. These technologies help us produce custom manifolds in-house for a variety of applications, including pumps, air compressors, heat sinks, diagnostic equipment, fuel management, and more.
Applications and Industries That Utilize Manifolds
Manifolds are most commonly used in applications that require force created by the movement of fluids. In hydraulics and pneumatics, manifolds are used to mount valves and serve as an interface between the valves and ports that require plumbing.
Hydraulic systems typically use a block manifold or a series of block manifolds to mount valves that cannot be plumbed directly into the hydraulic system. Once mounted, the manifold allows fluid to travel through ports that connect the manifold to the rest of the system.
Similar in function to hydraulic system manifolds, manifolds in pneumatic systems mount directional valves, which connect to ports and return ports that exhaust material into the air.
Here are the common applications of manifolds:
- A series of blocks to create a parallel pressure passage for industrial hydraulic valves and ports
- A chamber with multiple ports joined to reduce plumbing
- Divert a single channel into multiple junctions
- Control flow to a certain production line
- Guide gas or oil to tanks for measurement or storage
Industries and Applications of Manifolds
A manifold is a fluid or gas distribution system that brings multiple valves into one place or a single channel. They can be used to fulfill two or more requirements at the same time, like combining gases or fluids, controlling multiple valves, and operating pneumatic or hydraulic systems. This makes them useful in these industries:
- Oil and gas: Manifolds are used in fluid and gas distribution, oil exploration, extraction systems, and hydraulic fracturing.
- Industrial: Industrial sectors depend on manifolds to help operate forklifts and manufacturing equipment.
- Agriculture: The agricultural industry uses manifolds for machinery such as planters, tractors, and harvesters, as well as watering and chemical distribution equipment like sprayers.
- Food and beverage: In this industry, manifolds are used to control flow regulation in bottle filling.
Benefits and Manufacturing Considerations
Since they can be customized with special capabilities and manufactured with precise tolerances, manifolds offer many benefits for their specific applications. The primary advantages include:
- Efficiency: Manifolds have a short transportation system, reducing the overall size of the system and taking up less space in your facility. This also allows materials to be transported quickly, shortening cycle times. Manifold systems decrease the amount of liquid carry-over volume.
- Cost-effectiveness: Manifolds dramatically reduce the need for maintenance and repairs, which reduces overall production costs. If service is needed, manifolds are designed to offer easy access for repairs. Producing manifolds through a contract manufacturer reduces costs for the OEM, and easy assembly and installation saves time and money.
- Reliability: Manifolds are simple systems with few components, allowing them to perform predictably and consistently. This eliminates the performance variability that often occurs in other processes.
- Safety: Manifolds contain potentially hazardous materials within the system and reduce the number of leak points, preventing cross-contamination and creating a safer work environment.
Manifold Manufacturing Services From Hogge Precision
Hogge Precision manufactures state-of-the-art manifolds suitable for use in various industries and applications, including medical gas, plumbing, valve components, automotive, aerospace, construction, power transmission, motion control, and fluid and air controls. As an ISO 9001:2015-certified manufacturer, we create custom machined parts using high-performance techniques such as CNC milling and turning, Swiss machining, screw machining, and more. Contact us for more details about our manifold machining capabilities or request a quote today.