In addition to our extensive machining capabilities, Hogge Precision offers a range of value-added services aimed at helping our customers reduce costs and achieve maximum levels of productivity. For example, we work with customers to lessen the burden of inventory management through the implementation of Kanban inventory management practices. The Kanban system helps companies manage their inventories by minimizing the amount of product kept on hand and automating product restocking based on current demand levels.
Advantages of Inventory Management
- Cuts storage spending
- Accurately forecasts demand
- Lower risk of waste
- Optimization of production space
Inventory Management Services
At Hogge Precision we specialize in Kanban inventory management practices. We save significant time and money for our customers’ internal teams by relieving them of the burden of inventory management, allowing them to focus on critical core competencies such as sales and marketing. As a service partner, we also offer a broad selection of other services—including, but not limited to, private labeling, custom bar code labeling, and returnable packaging—that support customer operations.
How Hogge Precision Implements Kanban for Customers
Originally developed by an industrial engineer at Toyota—Taichi Ohno—as a method of improving manufacturing efficiency, Kanban has since expanded into a means of helping any industry professional manage their workflows. When used for inventory management, it minimizes the amount of inventory kept on hand and automates restocking when needed, such as if demand increases or levels run low. Restocking or refilling operations typically make use of indicators, such as Kanban cards, bins, or barcode labels, which help keep track of inventory and, ultimately, reduce the time between need and fulfillment.
At Hogge Precision, we provide Kanban inventory management services to facilitate operations for our customers. For contract manufacturers, like us, it enables us to maintain the stock needed so we can deliver the parts they need when they need them. Some of the industries we serve with this service include defense, power generation and distribution, heavy trucking, industrial, and medical.
The Advantages of Using an Inventory Management System
By employing Kanban inventory management systems, our customers experience several benefits, including the following:
- Lower storage costs. Kanban focuses on minimizing inventory levels to what is needed, which, in turn, reduces the amount of storage and related storage costs required.
- Better understanding of demand. Since inventory levels rely on demand levels, it’s much easier to keep track of what is and isn’t popular.
- Greater accommodation of lean manufacturing practices. Kanban accommodates many lean manufacturing practices, all of which center around minimizing the amount of waste by a facility accrued without sacrificing productivity.
- Smaller risk of excess or wasted products. Since materials are only delivered as needed, there is a lower chance of them degrading or expiring before they are used.
- More optimized production space. Kanban inventory management systems trigger part delivery to the production line in JIT fashion, thus minimizing the use of production space.
- Improved workflows. The data from Kanban software can be used by assembly line supervisors and managers to improve assembly workflows.
Let Hogge Precision Help You Manage Your Inventory
As an ISO 9001:2015 certified contract manufacturer, the team at Hogge Precision strives to maintain the highest quality standards. By partnering with us for their needs, customers benefit from our commitment to providing superior products and services, a value which demonstrates itself through the following:
- Our broad range of primary, secondary, and additional services, including Kanban inventory management, private labeling, custom bar code labeling, and returnable packaging
- Our continuous improvement efforts
- Our competitive prices
If you require a service partner that provides all of the above and more, request a quote today.
Indicators We Use:
- Min/Max ERP Levels
- Barcode labels
- Private labeling
- Custom bar code labeling
- Returnable packaging
Contact Us to see how we can help you with our tailored inventory management solutions
For more than 30 years, Hogge Precision has been a leading supplier and contract manufacturer of superior quality precision machined parts and assemblies for customers around the world. Thanks to our broad range of experience and state-of-the-art, ISO 9001:2015-certified facility, we deliver top-quality products and services with exceptional attentiveness and integrity. To learn more about our CNC milling and other machining services, contact our experts. We look forward to helping with your next project!Contact Us